I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. – Mark 11: 22-23
In small group this week we talked about this verse and how belief is important. How we doubt this truth.
I have been thinking about what my mountain is. I think first and foremost anxiety is my mountain. It has shaped every aspect of my life. It has controlled all my decisions for as long as I can remember. It has made me feel less valuable and unloveable.
I have been asking Jesus to help me move this mountain. I do believe it can be done. I have been feeling so confident the last few weeks. I still have moments of anxiety but I am quick to tell it to go throw itself into the sea. I have been more diligent about the words I speak to myself. I am making sure they are loving and faith filled.
I will not forget how God sees me. I won’t forget that I am a child of God and that he loves me.
I no longer what to be passive about my life and my anxiety. I want to grow and flourish in my life. This is what. I have learned about how to do this:
1. Feed on God’s word.
- Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.
- Ask God to feed you from his word
- Ask God to confirm the way for you
2. Anticipate positive results
- Visualize the outcome you desire
- When you step out into fear be ready to stay there for awhile, things dont always happen instantly
3. Initiate action toward the desired end
- When you move God moves
- What are the changes you need to make
- What are your dreams for your life
4. Train in a specific area of need
- Learn what you want to know or change
5. Hate staying bound by your passivity
- Ask what is keeping you from God’s best for your life?
- Get to the point where you can’t stand where you are anymore
- Pray for a holy hatred of the things in your life that are holding you back
- Be sick and tired of being sick and tired
- Have faith