Notes from Unshakable devotional by Christine Caine
Take your fears one by one and work through them with God. Don’t be ashamed of your fears just fear, trust and repeat.
Believe the truth of God’s word over the facts of your circumstances. Look to God and not at everything around you.
These are notes from the book Nothing to Prove by Jennie Allen
I am not enough and I am done trying to be.
We are not God. We do not have all the answers, strength, wisdom or energy.
I am not enough and that is absolutely Ok.
God is proud of you. He is not surprised by your list of sins or mistakes or shortcomings. He forgives you all of it when you confess to him and he never places a label on you. Your are not your mistakes. You are just his child.
I have had my face stuffed in the Bible lately like it is a piece of chocolate cake. I just can’t get enough. I’m hungry for it. Some notes I’ve taken recently:
- Don’t worry about the correct way to reach out to God, just reach.
- Be merciful
- Acknowledge your need for Jesus
- Admit you don’t have the answers
- Take joy in doing God’s will
- God dislikes pretense and hypocrisy
- Do what is right
- God can change what seems unchangeable
- Christ can heal the broken, release addiction and heal emotional scars
- God uses ordinary people to do his extraordinary work
I can’t fully explain how much I want to read his word and know it and understand it and use it.
I can’t fully explain how much I want to have a relationship with Jesus that is undeniable.
I hope you all have a blessed day!
I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. – Mark 11: 22-23
In small group this week we talked about this verse and how belief is important. How we doubt this truth.
I have been thinking about what my mountain is. I think first and foremost anxiety is my mountain. It has shaped every aspect of my life. It has controlled all my decisions for as long as I can remember. It has made me feel less valuable and unloveable.
I have been asking Jesus to help me move this mountain. I do believe it can be done. I have been feeling so confident the last few weeks. I still have moments of anxiety but I am quick to tell it to go throw itself into the sea. I have been more diligent about the words I speak to myself. I am making sure they are loving and faith filled.
I will not forget how God sees me. I won’t forget that I am a child of God and that he loves me.
I no longer what to be passive about my life and my anxiety. I want to grow and flourish in my life. This is what. I have learned about how to do this:
1. Feed on God’s word.
- Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.
- Ask God to feed you from his word
- Ask God to confirm the way for you
2. Anticipate positive results
- Visualize the outcome you desire
- When you step out into fear be ready to stay there for awhile, things dont always happen instantly
3. Initiate action toward the desired end
- When you move God moves
- What are the changes you need to make
- What are your dreams for your life
4. Train in a specific area of need
- Learn what you want to know or change
5. Hate staying bound by your passivity
- Ask what is keeping you from God’s best for your life?
- Get to the point where you can’t stand where you are anymore
- Pray for a holy hatred of the things in your life that are holding you back
- Be sick and tired of being sick and tired
- Have faith
The Bible has a lot to say about the way you think and I had no idea about any of that. This is what I have learned.
1. Your responsible for your thoughts
- Are you going to believe God’s promises for your life?
- Are you going to continue to entertain your negative and fearful thoughts?
2. What you think about is what you get.
- You will reap in accordance with the thoughts you think
- Thinking shapes your feelings and actions
- Guilt and fear will sabatage you
- What thoughts are creating turmoil in your life?
3. You can change your life by changing your thoughts
- Your thoughts should be :
4. If you want God’s best you MUST take authority over your thoughts.
- The moment you catch yourself in a negative thought,yield to Jesus and surrender it to him
Guys, I love all of this so much!! This can be done. I have been doing it.
Have a blessed day all!
I have a trip coming up with some family and trips always cause me anxiety. The travel, the elevators, the taxis and so on. I always do ok but there is a lot of anxiety leading up to it. So….I’m in the shower this morning just minding my own business, washing my hair and snap all the sudden my neck is in a crink. Almost instantaneously I hear the word “STOP”
I knew immediately that this was no coincidence. I have been learning in church for 4 weeks now about how the power of our words and thoughts influences our lives. I was standing there washing my hair thinking about how I would navigate the elevators and the taxis, worrying and fretting.
So I did stop. I stopped worrying and thinking about it because I don’t need to. I had just momentarily forgot that I am a child of God. He is with me and he is going to always be with me because he loves me.
My thoughts should be on all things that are good, pure, noble and true. I have a long post to write about this and I will later.
Satan sneaks in on our thoughts without us even noticing. It has been happening to me all of my 46 years and I am just now becoming aware of it.
I thank the Holy Spirit for being there with me this morning, to alert me to the fact that I am not going to live that way anymore. A reminder. I am feeling so blessed and grateful today. My neck is fine by the way, not even the littlest of aches.
Have a blessed day all!!