What can we do with a clean heart and a renewed spirit? God can change us but then what is out part?
The Bible is literally filled with instructions on how to live a good life.
Isaiah 55:3 says “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.”
Come to me with your ears wide open! I love that!! This is what I wrote down when I read that verse.
How can I make my ears wide open?
- Be quiet
- Pay attention
- Talk less
- Listen more
I love Jesus and I am surrendered and I’m growing and changing everyday but I want to show everyone else the glory of God and I am going to have to be listening to do that.
I know it seems a little strange to say listen more when you want to share God’s glory but this works two ways.
- Be quiet so you can hear God. If our minds are here there and everywhere we will never hear anything. If your reading the Bible but thinking about the grocery list, that’s no good.
- Be quiet so you can hear other people reaching out for help. Listen to people. Hear them and respond thoughtfully not impulsively. Give God a chance to work on your heart and give you the right words to say.
1. We forgive because we have been forgiven
2. Be kind and tenderhearted, always
This verse makes me think about my own interactions with people. I like to say I am kind but there are so many times when I walk away from an interaction where I just feel icky about something I said or speaking when it really wasn’t necessary. I catch myself having judgmental thoughts and I really don’t like it. I am always quick to repent but I wish it would just stop. It is something I work on daily.
DO – be kind and helpful. Listen more talk less
STOP – judging and offering criticism
We are all so broken why would any of us ever think to give criticism instead of just kindness and love.
1. Guys, how about if being flawed is wonderfully ok? Isn’t that at an amazing thing to ponder? I spend so much time looking at all the ways that I am not perfect but ignore all the wonderful things that I am and that I have accomplished. I work my tooshy off being a single mom, owning a home, having a job and trying to navigate life. It’s not easy. I’m tired but I am also doing it. It’s not perfect but it’s working out just fine.
2. Also…do you ever beat yourself up for saying something really stupid? I do. Sometimes the craziest shit just spews right off the vocal cords. I say it and then I am immediately like what the hell is wrong with you? Where did that dumb shit come from? Then….I will think about it for a really long time and at the most inappropriate times, like from 3-5am. Not good. Then this dawned on me. Have I ever been around someone else that has had the same problem, where their vocal cords take control and something really dumb comes out? Yes I have. Guess what? How long did I spend thinking about it? About 15 seconds. I don’t have time to be thinking about their accidental dumb thing said because I am too busy thinking about my own shit. So if I am correct here then no one is thinking about the stupid thing I said 3 months ago because they are also thinking about their own shit. This means that I can stop ruminating about these moments now. No one cares. Thank God.
3. Listen to your inner voice. I hear this a lot. I read this a lot. I am not sure I trust my inner voice. It changes its mind on a dime. Very frustrating. This feels right, do this, say this , go here ect… The next day: this doesn’t feel right, that was a bad idea, why did you do that? I am not sure that I am hearing the right inner voice. How do people know? Is it my ego? I can be very impulsive. I think I have two inner voices, the impulsive one and the real one. The impulsive one is a pain in my ass.
4. Examine what you tolerate. I believe that I tolerate a lot. I can put up with a lot of bullshit for a long time and then bam out of no where one day I will just be like. DONE. No warning or anything. It’s over. I am not doing this anymore. This can be excruciating for the other person because they are so used to you being like, “oh, it’s ok that you that you treat me like a piece of shit. I understand that you are hurting and all of this pain gets projected onto me. I know you don’t mean it.” I really do mean these things when I am saying them but really people how much can a person take? I should be giving them warning right? “Hey just so you know, I can take a lot of shit but this thing happens where I will wake up one day and I never no when it will happen and I won’t be able to take your shit anymore. Just so you know, you have been warned.” I seriously need help in the relationship area. It’s catastrophic.
5. What would I like more of? Peace, contentment and security. Oh, and a little beauty thrown in every once in awhile.
Have a great day!!
1. I’m a wreck. I’m exhausted, stressed, and worn out in every area of my life.
I dont know where to begin in getting my shit together but I am thankful that I am aware enough to know that I need to.
2. My mom is sick. She has Alzheimer’s and watching her go through this has humbled me and scared me in ways I never thought possible.
3. I’m 46 and single and all I can say about that is that when it comes to men I have absolutley no idea what I’m doing. I attract the wrong type of men and then I try to fix them and save them and turn them into exactly what I think they should be. For the love of God, this is at the top of the list. No more saving or trying to fix anyone. I have to fix me, work on me and basically all I can do for them is pray for them.
Happy Eclipse Day!!
If a man calls you a f***ing slut because you won’t see him anymore it is perfectly fine to cut all ties.
This is something that most all women know but that I am slowly learning at the ripe old age of 45. When someone says something like that to me these are my first thoughts:
- He’s just angry he doesn’t mean it
- You have hurt him, what do you expect?
- I feel so bad for him
Do you all see anything wrong with those thoughts? Why am I just not furious? Why do I feel bad for him? It’s not normal.
I fall in love with men that “need” me. They have problems. They have issues. They need me to fix it all and make it better. You bet your happy ass I go in there on a mission and I will fix it all. I will give away my time, my love, my money without a second thought.
They will treat me like shit and I will try harder. I want so badly for them to be happy but their not. It doesn’t matter what I do. I keep trying and they keep being shitty and then at some point I stop. I stop caring, giving and loving.
When I stop they get pissed. Now I am crazy or I don’t know how to forgive or their must be something wrong with me. I should feel guilty for being such a massive bitch and leaving this guy and I do. The guilt is big, it really kills me. I don’t want to be the cause of someone else’s pain. I am the fixer, remember. I do good not bad.
I am currently on sabbatical from men because I suck at being in relationships. I refuse to do it again until I know I can behave like the gown adult that I am. I need to learn boundaries and the word no or even better how about if I just mind my own fuucking business. There is no need for me to run in and clean up a mess that someone else created.
Here is the lesson. These men don’t need me. They have survived for years before I came along and they will be just fine without me. In fact all of this bullshit about how badly they need me is just me feeding some vacant hole within myself.
I want a partner. I don’t want to be the parent or the fixer or any of that. I want someone that can love me but also be just fine without me because they have a life and they love themselves.
Is it possible to want something or someone without placing the constricting bands of attachment on them and yourself? How can we hold loosely? As I have gotten older I have found that I want to be held loosely. I no longer crave the crushing grip of a tight hold. It doesn’t serve me anymore and I mean that in a physical and emotional sense. If it’s to tight I will pull away instead of leaning in.
Does it mean it’s not love if you can look at the other person and say I will not allow attachment to govern my decisions so if you don’t choose me I will still be ok. I feel like this makes the other person automatically think that you “don’t care enough”. How can you not be hurt if I am not in your life? “My life would be over if you were not in it” they will say.
I find that so unappealing. Your life will be over? Really? I am the only good thing in your life? You have nothing else?
Maybe it isn’t love or maybe its just a more mature kind of love. Maybe I have not met the person that makes me feel as if my life would be over without them. Honestly though I dont want that. I love my life. It is full and I am growing everyday. I dont ever want anyone to have the power to come in and destroy all of that in one fell swoop. I understand pain and hurt from the loss of a love but I dont understand total destruction.
I refuse to make someone my whole universe and I don’t want to be theirs. I want a partner that has a beautiful full life that has nothing to do with me. I want to know that they know how to be happy without me. I want them to love that same thing about me.
My anxiety has been at the for front of my life for so long. I can’t remeber living any other way at this point. Most of my life I have felt sorry for the people that have loved me. It’s not easy loving someone that has anxiety attacks. It’s hard to go for a nice relaxing drive with someone when they are on the verge of a panic attack thinking about if their will be a bridge, road construction or a traffic jam on the interstate. Those things make me anxious. It’s hard for me to relax. When I was married I always felt like I was holding my husband back from enjoying his life the way he wanted because mine was so constricted and if I am honest I was. I know that he loved me but I also know he longed for a different kind of life that was filled with trips and adventure. I felt sorry for him for having to be married to me. I’m single now and I am happy but I have gone through two pretty difficult relationships since my divorce. I could hear my inner dialogue telling me this is good enough. This guy is just as broken as you if not more so it’s ok. This is the type of person you should be with. I am not saying these guys were bad people they just had a whole bunch of their own issues. It seemed like a level playing field.
As I read that it breaks my heart. They deserve better and so do I.
Can a person with panic and anxiety be truly loved? Can you share your life with someone when you have panic and anxiety? How do you be ok with placing that kind of burden on someone else’s life as you become a couple?
I dont ever want to be responsible for someone else’s unhappiness. I dont ever want my anxiety problems to hold someone else back.
Life is hard. Life is beautiful.